Asset Management from IBM Maximo gives you the power and performance to drive asset management in your organisation to a whole new level.
Built on a single software platform, Maximo delivers a comprehensive view of all asset types - production, facilities, transportation and IT - across your entire enterprise. This holistic perspective allows you to see all of your assets and identify untapped potential within them, allowing you to develop comprehensive programs for preventive, predictive, routine and unplanned maintenance. Together, these programs can reduce costs and increase asset uptime, leading to combined performance improvements of some 270% (source IBM).
How it works
IBM Maximo is designed from the ground up to support Asset Management. The data and business processes within IBM Maximo support best-practice asset decision-making across all industries. For example, an asset record is classified with attributes, such as material type, diameter, rating, power output, manufacturer and installation date. These attributes can be augmented, if coupled with Maximo Spatial GIS integration, to provide geographic attributes, such as soil type, connectivity and length.
A variety of business processes are used to further augment the data relevant to each asset. These include the Service Chain (SLA management), Work Order (planned, reactive, CAPEX, and condition), and inventory/procurement (costs, delivery dates, vendor performance and warranty).
Fig.1: The six key management modules of IBM Maximo
Data and reporting tools
Maintenance activity recorded on the asset gives the necessary amount of failure/performance data to provide cost, failure and fit-for-purpose data attributes against that asset. This information can then be utilised via IBM Maximo's reporting suite, or external reporting tools, to trend asset performance and make effective asset investment decisions.
IBM Maximo has 150 standard reports focused on Asset Management processes that include mean time to failure, mean time to repair, asset failure analysis, asset cost analysis and vendor analysis. Furthermore, IBM Maximo provides e-query and e-spreadsheet capabilities to provide ad-hoc data interrogation to support asset lifecycle planning.
Used by leading organisations around the world, IBM Maximo has been consistently rated as a market leading solution by Gartner and offers a host of benefits:
- An asset management system for all your assets that is based on a common database and a modular software design to allow every department of your business to store and retrieve reliable, accessible and easily shared information in real-time;
- The ability to track, manage and maintain your business-critical assets, improving asset-related decision-making and increasing productivity, reliability and return on investment;
- Minimised risk of business disruptions and performance penalties;
- Integration with your existing applications;
- User-friendly and intuitive for your whole organisation;
- Full functionality and versatility;
- Enables the closer alignment of asset management with your overall business strategy.
- Allows for organisations to achieve the British Standards specification PAS 55 (the requirements specification for the optimal management of physical infrastructure assets).
- An Industry specific solution tailored for your business, which leverages Vetasi's industry skill and expertise.
For information about our EAM solutions and IBM Maximo, please fill out an enquiry form and a member of our sales team will be in touch.