ITSM from IBM Control Desk gives you the power and performance to drive service and process management in your organisation to a new level.
Built on a single software platform, IBM Control Desk delivers a comprehensive view of both digital and physical assets across your enterprise. This holistic perspective gives you enhanced visibility and analytical insight of your IT Service Management processes, allowing you to drive service improvements and reduce costs.
How it works
Vetasi’s ITSM solution, using IBM Control Desk, supports more than ten Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes ‘out of the box’, including:
- Availability Management
- Change Management
- Event Management
- Financial Management
- Incident Management
- Knowledge Management
- Problem Management
- Release & Deployment Management
- Request Fulfilment
- Service Asset & Configuration Management
- Service Catalogue Management
- Service Level Management
Users deal with a single install, infrastructure, maintenance stream, administration tool, user interface, workflow engine and security. They can start with one functional area and adopt others at their own pace. This can help eliminate multiple service desks and asset management tools, whilst providing a single platform that unifies processes across different teams.
Vetasi has extensive experience in the implementation and management of ITSM systems, using IBM Control Desk, which can deliver the following benefits to our clients:
- Peace of mind - a solution that has Pink Elephant’s PinkVerify certification for its alignment with IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) best practices;
- IT asset lifecycle management - provides inventory management and software license compliance capabilities. It helps to manage assets throughout their lifecycle, optimising the use of digital and physical assets and minimising compliance risks;
- Single Point of Contact - features an efficient service desk for handling service requests and managing incidents;
- Change, configuration and release management - provides advanced impact analysis and automated change procedures designed to reduce risk and support service integrity;
- Usability and integration - introduces a new level of simplicity for non-technical users requesting access to IT services and interacts with service management processes;
- Self-service - includes self-service capabilities so users require less technical intervention when elevating issues, which reduces training costs and user efficiency;
- Automation, control and governance - helps manage the rapid rate of change associated with Cloud environments by allowing users to automate lower risk activities and delegate other certain scenarios to change managers;
- Service level management - helps ensure that environmental change to the provisioning or a machine outage does not impact service level agreements (SLAs), and allows the IT service management team to shift their focus to delivering value to end users;
- Support for service providers - supplies service support and service delivery capabilities for multiple customers in a single deployed instance to help enhance profitability and customer satisfaction;
- Flexibility - IBM Control Desk can be implemented as both an on-site, or SaaS solution.