Asset Management from IBM Maximo gives you the functional power and performance to drive asset management in your organisation to a whole new level.
Built on a single software platform, Maximo delivers a comprehensive view of all asset types - production, facilities, transportation and IT - across your entire enterprise. This holistic perspective allows you to understand all of your assets performance and identify untapped potential within them, allowing you to develop comprehensive programs for preventive and predictive works, and reduce unplanned maintenance. Together, these programs can reduce costs and increase asset uptime, leading to combined performance improvements.
How it works
IBM Maximo is designed from the ground up to support Asset Management. The data and business processes within IBM Maximo support best-practice asset, service and work management combined with metrics based decision-making across all industries. For example, an asset record is classified with attributes, such as material type, diameter, rating, power output, manufacturer and installation date. These detailed attributes can be automatically analysed and used to determine procurement and stock holding either within Maximo or in other enterprise applications using standard integration technology. Maximo can be augmented, using Spatial GIS integration, to provide geographic attributes, further deepening the understanding of operating context and streamlining work allocation.
Fig.1: The six key management modules of IBM Maximo
Data and reporting tools
Maintenance activity recorded on the asset gives the necessary amount of failure/performance data to provide cost, failure and fit-for-purpose data attributes against that asset. This information can then be utilised via IBM Maximo's reporting suite, or external reporting tools, to trend asset performance and make effective asset investment decisions.
IBM Maximo has 150 standard reports focused on Asset Management processes that include mean time to failure, mean time to repair, asset failure analysis, asset cost analysis and vendor analysis. Furthermore, IBM Maximo provides e-query and e-spreadsheet capabilities to provide ad-hoc data interrogation to support asset lifecycle planning.
Used by leading organisations around the world, IBM Maximo has been consistently rated as a market leading solution by Gartner and ARC, offering a host of benefits:
- An asset management system for all your assets that is based on a common database and a modular software design to allow every department of your business to store and retrieve reliable, accessible and easily shared information in real-time;
- The ability to track, manage and maintain your business-critical assets, improving asset-related decision-making and increasing productivity, improving reliability management, meeting regulatory compliance and return on investment;
- Minimised risk of business disruptions and performance penalties;
- Integration with your existing applications;
- User-friendly and intuitive for your whole organisation;
- Full functionality and versatility;
- Enables the closer alignment of asset management with your overall business strategy.
- Allows for organisations to achieve the British Standards specification PAS 55 (the requirements specification for the optimal management of physical infrastructure assets).
- Provides an Industry specific solution tailored for your business, which leverages Vetasi's industry expertise and technology skills.