A well thought through approach before starting an Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) implementation process is a solid investment and ensures the greatest chance of delivering success.
Implementing an EAM, IT Service Management, or Property Porfolio Management solution involves much more than identifying and installing the right software. Advanced software systems, are integrated and configured to match specific maintenance, IT, or business process management requirements, whilst data is often shared and integrates with other enterprise systems. Current processes may be re-engineered to reflect best practice, and legacy applications and hardware have to be considered.
Cultivating real change
Successful Asset Management requires a complete programme and is dependent on four core elements: people, process, systems and data. We understand the importance of each of these elements and the impact that each has on the effectiveness of an implementation.
Our consultants work closely with clients to identify improvement opportunities, charting a course towards maintenance, IT and business process best practice and cultivating real change in an organisation to support a complete enterprise-wide programme.
Furthermore, our consultants are well versed on current technologies in the web application, database, operating system, mobile, and reporting platforms. And we can draw on decades’ worth of experience working on major EAM, IT Service Management and Property Portfolio Management deployments across Facilities Management, Utilities, Transportation, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and Mining.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Assessment of current asset and maintenance management processes;
- Process improvement and/or implementation project business case creation;
- Process improvement and/or implementation project design and scoping;
- Facilitation of asset and maintenance management process re-engineering workshops;
- Facilitation of asset and maintenance management system design workshops;
- Functional oversight throughout development, testing, and deployment of technical solutions;
- Development of project and system documentation including process maps, system requirements, data standards, and training materials.